2008年5月17日星期六

My current research effort

In this article, I discuss my current research effort. Later, I will summarize my past research activities and accomplishments.

I just started my new job two months ago. After serious thinking and reflection, I made a couple of strategic decisions. I focus my research effort on electronic materials and devices in thin films and nanowires. A strategic collaboration has been initiated with a senior scientist to fabricate thermoelectric nanowire devices.

Thin film technology plays a significant role in both fundamental science and industry applications. I applied two technologies to deposit thin films, i.e., Pulsed Laser Deposition (PLD) and Chemical Solution Deposition (CSD). Spin-on based chemical solution deposition holds great promises in industry applications due to its simplicity and cost effective nature. In my humble opinion (IMHO), simpler is better for industry. Complex is not good for making money.

Materials with (potential) applications in energy are my targets for thin film devices. The adventure has just begun. I will update any progress.

没有评论: